The mission of Community Inclusion Through Technology, International, (the CITTI Project), is to change assumptions and beliefs about people with disabilities in developing countries by building capacity in communities to create economic, sustainable adaptations, enabling people to participate in life situations, at home, school, and in the workforce.
Since 2003, we have collaborated with communities...
- to hold cultural and informational exchanges with disability-related organizations and schools;
- to create adaptations, making it more cost-effective and sustainable;
- to provide adaptation workshops, which train teachers, occupational and physical therapists, adults with disabilities, and family members to create their own adaptations;
- to build resources such as adaptations libraries, a ramp into a school, and an accessible community garden;
- to distribute information resources developed and published by CITTI Project volunteers along with the communities served.
The CITTI Project volunteers and in-country community leaders realized the need to provide appropriate training and resources that enable communities new to assistive technology to become increasingly knowledgeable about its benefits and independent in its development and use.
Volunteer in Ecuador!
Participate this summer in our adaptation workshops. Help establish adaptation libraries. Contribute to developing critical information resources.